The World of Warrior Woods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat creating rules {New users must read}

Go down

Cat creating rules {New users must read} Empty Cat creating rules {New users must read}

Post by D υ ѕ ĸ ѕ н ι n e Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:11 am

I would like to lay down some rules about this. This is very important, okay? This goes for all staff, all members, basically anyone who wants to make a cat. However, for anyone who has already made a form, these rules are only for any cats that are going to be made after the date of this thread's posting.

Writing

Please, please, please for the love of StarClan, write good, descriptive sentences when creating a cat. This is applicable to; personality, appearance and history fields.

Personality} I do not, repeat, DO NOT, want any 1-5 word personalities. Personality fields must be filled in with at least 2 or more good, descriptive sentences.
Example {X}: {Gentle, kind, sweet and happy.} This is NOT acceptable.
Example {Y}: {Swiftfoot is a gentle she-cat, who is also quite kind. These two traits are also paired up nicely with her sweetness and optimism. She dislikes unruly cats and rudeness, due to her sensitive nature.} This IS acceptable.

In addition to what your cat likes/is like, please put in some dislikes as well. They can't like everything, can they?
Also, please keep your character in personality. Even in a fight scene, people will think you're going a bit OOC. That's why you need to be descriptive and tell the readers what your character is like in battle.

History}  For this, telling the others that your character just doesn't want to say anything/it's to be developed/ask them in RP is all right. However, do develop a bit of your history before. BUT, please don't write any Mary Sue things. Your cat can't be the final survivor of a clan wept out by FlameClan. How can she/he be the only survivor from a fight with a whole clan of good fighters and strong cats?

I would also encourage you to create your own form. I would like to see your literacy skills and just how well you can make one. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to include the basics {Name, Age, Rank, Clan, Gender}. However, you may use the already pre-created form we have made just in case.

Characters

Okay, so now that you have a good character form, you can make another one, if you like. However, you still need to follow these rules.
I'm sure that somewhere on other RPs, you've seen this rule: {No being your own mate/crush/mentor.} Do you know why they do that? Because being your own mate/crush/mentor isn't fun! Imagine talking to yourself all day, training with yourself, giving birth to your own kits! Give other people a chance to be your cat's mate. I've seen this happen, and trust me, even reading a post with self-mated cats/wolves feels kinda weird. This goes somewhat for medicine cats and patients. However, I've come up with a solution. If you play the Med Cat and another cat, if they get injured, you only need to play the medicine cat healing your character.

Example: Wolfpaw's eye was scratched and bleeding. The tom limped slowly over to the medicine cat's den for assistance.
             Berryheart felt sad at the sight of the injured apprentice. She grabbed some cobwebs to stop his eye from bleeding.

So, you should understand the main point here: It's NOT fun to be mates with yourself.
Like I said, just imagine talking to yourself. ALL. DAY. LONG. I know that you might think that only you/your character knows what you want. Perhaps you think that other people can't play your character's mate as well as you can. It's okay. Just let your charrie bond with theirs, and if nothing works out, give them some pointers about what your cat likes. Give them a chance.

Another major issue: Names. Please do not use the name of any cat in the book, even if you give it a different personality and history. I understand you may like a certain name, but try other names. Also, dont name your cat something ridiculous. Examples are:

Cheeseheart
Sparkleflame
Sodapaw
Cakestar

You get my point? It sounds strange, and cats names are based off of appearance, personality or a object in the forest. Cats cannot understand twoleg language, so they wouldn't know about the prefixes I just used above. Appropriate names are:

Bluefeather
Specklefoot
Autumnswipe
Crowcall
Falconheart

And so on..
D υ ѕ ĸ ѕ н ι n e
D υ ѕ ĸ ѕ н ι n e
Admin

https://worldofwarriorwoods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: